Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall has fell

Fall is starting to show its colors.  As dry as it has been,  I am surprised that the leaves didn't just fall off of the branches.




I enjoy this time of year.  To me it is a relaxing time of year.   The only problem is, there is never time to relax.   We have been getting the garden ready for next year.   The ground where we have our garden is really poor, so it has been a long process trying to amend the dirt.  Hopefully by next year we can have a better garden.  We are doing more composting in the raised beds this winter  and plan on putting in more of them.  I got some newspapers out of the recycling trailer last week, so will be putting them down and covering with a dirt, manure, and other composting materials.  The tomatoes are still producing a few.  They just didn't do well this year.  Carol has canned a few quarts, but nothing like we had planned on.  She canned some apples last week.  Those will be good this winter.

Can't believe it is October already.  I guess time flies when you are having fun.   I hope everyone is doing ok.  My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who is not.  It makes no difference that I don't know who is and who isn't, or that I don't know who reads this.  My prayers are there anyway.  There is only One who knows and that is what counts.

God Bless--johnnyb

4 comments:

  1. I know, Fall is when you really need to get all that stuff done that you think about come Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures of fall rolling in with the leaves changing. Times flying and theres just so much to prepare for the winter.

    ReplyDelete