Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weekend Update

Traveled to central Kansas this weekend.  My daughter was baptized on Sunday.  I had always left that decision to my kids and at age 34, she made that decision.  Did my heart good to see it happen.  My baptismal gift to her was a Bible that belonged to her great, great, great aunt.  I don't know the exact years that she had it, but it is 1901 ASV Bible.  She died in the middle 1930's, I think.  I had planned on passing it down, so this was a good time to do it.

On the way home, I stopped a picked up a German Shepherd pup that our Nebraska grandson had bought.  Worked out good that I was coming through at this time.



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Baptism of your daughter. What a beautiful puppy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations.

    I personally love that particular translation. Very accurate. They are not easy to find any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well heck, if I knew you were going to be in the area, could have met for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Great bend, so it probably wouldn't have been too far.

      Delete