Monday, November 5, 2012

Welcome and other things of interest, (or not)

Welcome to new followers Gail and Claudia.  Thanks for stopping by.  All comments will be answered, hopefully in a timely manner.

Another nice week in the making.  Forecast is for a small chance of snow on Saturday night, other than that looks good for the week.  Hopefully I can get some more done on garden preps for next year.  I have taken down the fence and re-doing it.  Hopefully it will be more bunny-proof.  They have been a real problem this year.  We seeded in new grass in the lawn this fall.  Got a good stand coming up, but the rabbits have been keeping it "mowed" off.  The dogs keep them out during the day, well sometimes:

These two seem to be off duty this morning.  Oh well, they were out on  perimeter recon late last night, so I guess they can sleep in a little!  Then again, they may be on strike.  Dog biscuits are all gone, and when there are no dog biscuits, it ain't pretty.  Have to pick up some when in town tomorrow doing our civic duty.   I can see a widespread lead poisoning pandemic rising among the rabbit population this winter.  There are just too many around.

I have been fighting a cold for the past few days.  Hopefully I am on the mend.  Too much to do.  Maybe I can get the fence done.  A friend gave us a large pumpkin, so we will process it this week.  The seeds we will keep for snacks and for next year.  Carol dry canned some more pasta and some home-made granola last week.  The granola turned out well.  I think she got the recipe off of Pinterest.  Our chickens are  doing good.  We got 15 eggs from 16 hens yesterday.  They have been moulting so production has been off a little.  I increased their protein during this time and it seemed to help.  Nothing fancy, just some cat food along with their scratch in the evening.  They always come to the front of the pen when they see me coming.

I hope everyone will vote tomorrow if you haven't already.  I haven't said much about my political views here,  but I am very concerned about the future of our Great Country if something isn't changed.  I just hope it is not too late.  We The People need to take back more control of things before Big Brother gets any bigger.  Voting is one way that we can show how we feel about the situation.  It is our right and we need to use before it is taken from us.  Ok, I'm off the soap box now.  Said more than I had intended.  Just concerned is all!

God Bless this Great Country, those who live in it,  and above all, those who serve, have served, and have given beyond the call of duty to help protect the freedom given us by our Founding Fathers.---johnnyb





5 comments:

  1. teehee...i love the pic of the sleeping dogs. my cats are the same way - out gallivanting and protecting their perimeter all night, and then sleeping all day. i wish you all the best tomorrow...as i, too, hope and pray for the future of your Great Country!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I feel there is a lot at stake tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Those rabbits will taste fine this winter.

    Voted...wondering if it will matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dogs are not foolish...no biscuits, no work lol. Sort of how I feel about coffee.

    ReplyDelete