Sunday, November 11, 2012

Vetrans Day

I have been out of commission for the past couple of days.  Thursday I took the window A/C out and intended to put the storm window back on.  In the process of carrying the storm widow, I tripped and fell.  The sharp, metal corner of the window sliced through the right hand ring finger, cutting it to the bone.  Right at the point of attachment to the hand.  Took few (16) stitches to get everything back to where it should be.  I told the doctor to make sure he didn't get any of my middle finger stitched into the ring finger. If I flip somebody off, I don't want both fingers popping up!For a few weeks I will be doing everything left handed, which I can do with no problem except for writing.  But then I look at my usual penmanship and it isn't all that good either.  Life continues on.  The storm window will go up when the hand heals.  BTW, the storm window did not break.  It is an old metal storm.  No aluminum in it.  Solid metal.  

I can accept growing old.  I just can't accept growing old.  This meaning, I have not put myself into the mod of growing older. I need to slow down and not try to hurry myself through things.  I'm retired.  I can do it tomorrow.   There is nothing,unless it is an emergency,  that it has to be done right now.  If it takes me all day, WTF.  As long as it doesn't interfere with lunch or a nap,  I'm good.  Or I should be.  But, oh no, I have to go at a project like there is no tomorrow.  The thing is, if there is no tomorrow, what difference does it make.

Thanks to all of those who are serving, and have served. to protect the freedom of their country, wherever that may be.

All for now--God Bless-johnnyb

2 comments:

  1. mister...you need to be taking care of yourself or else i am gonna have to come down there with my *ss-kicking boots on - and trust me - you don't want that!!! i am so glad that your injury was healed up with a couple, or 16 stitches - jeesh!

    on this day i am proud to be a veteran. and on this day - i thank all veterans, as well as all serving soldiers - it is Remembrance Day in Canada and therefore is for all veterans as well as all serving soldiers.

    without our veterans, and our serving soldiers, who knows what kind of world we would be living in?

    take care of yourself. or i WILL get the *ss-kicking boots out!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like it has already been kicked! Thanks for stopping by. Always a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete