Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Morning


I will try pictures again. If they don't show up, let me know.  I took these  the other evening just before sunset.  One of those things where you just had to be there at the right moment.

Just sitting here into my second cup of coffee thinking of all that I would like to do today.  The thinking list is way to much for my mind this morning, so I will just put it on paper and do one thing at a time.  Beautiful spring morning.  I love this time of year.  We had a little rain last week, which was greatly needed.  It looks like it could be a warm spring.  Maybe I will cheat on a few things in the garden.  I always do anyway.  Never know unless you try.  Some of the fruit trees are in full blossom.  Seems a little early for that.  They could get bit.  One thing I do need to get started on, actually 2 things,  summer kitchen and a quail house.  Quail will be here first week in June.  That will come up faster than I want.  I would be interesting to know how many survived last year.  We had a fairly open winter and not real cold.  Some pheasant hunters told me that they saw more quail this year than they had for years.  Maybe they are making a comeback.  A neighbor a couple of miles north are going to raise some also.  It is just nice to think we are making a difference.  Not only that it is fun to do.

We have been dog-sitting for our daughter's two Yorkies.  It is strange to have a couple of ankle-bitters around when we are used to Labs.  They enjoy the country life.  Our daughter has put her house on the market and is being shown a lot.  They will not show the house if dogs are there.  She cannot take off work and get the dogs all the time, hence we have them for a few days.  They are not too much trouble.  Kind of obnoxious at times, but they are supposed to be.  That is the purpose of yip-yips.  Just kidding.  My problem is I am always afraid of stepping on one of them.

 Just read from Duke that Stephen is hospitalized.  Our thoughts and prayers go out yo him and his family for a quick recovery.

Into cup #3.  Guess I know what I will be doing quite often for the rest of the morning!  Speaking of which, it is already started.  Guess I will end this here a get a start on the day.

God Bless-johnnyb

3 comments:

  1. Stunning photo's, John - that type of light always reminds me of the Lord above - it's like he's peeping through making sure that everything's OK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete