Monday, November 28, 2011

The Pack Rat Saga

A pack rat decided to take up residence in what will be my little workshop. I hadn't really had time to mess with him while doing the sleeping cabin. I would see it from time to time. It even got so bold as to sit up in the rafters and watch me. Got to be kind of amusing, (only for me, I might add). Last week it was time to put an end to his adventures. Picked up a rat trap at the hardware store, set it with a nice bit of peanut butter. Next morning it was over. John 1, rat 0! Yesterday I started cleaning its nest or whatever you call it. It had got into the insulation when I was insulating the cabin area. There was a trash bag full.(I had to re-insulate part of one wall). The insulation was what became its swapping material. There were pipe fittings, screws, pvc pipe connections, nuts and bolts, etc. In each box where it had gotten something out of, there was insulation left as trade. If the size of the nest was any indication of the winter ahead, we are in deep doo-doo(or snow)! I hope not, but can't do much about it, if it is. As long as we can get to the library every two weeks it's bring it on.

Another month is about all but a memory. Seems like it really zipped by. It can't go fast enough for me. Seed catalogs are coming now and I can't wait for spring to get here. Should be a law against mailing seed catalogs before the first of the year!

Quote for the day--"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."-- Aesop

Everybody have a safe and prosperous week. God Bless--johnnyb

No comments:

Post a Comment