Monday, June 27, 2011



Summer is finally here in full force. The weather has not been too bad this month. We are dry, but temps haven't been too bad. Garden is progressing well. Picked a few beets yesterday. Should have zucchini by the end of the week. Yellow squash close behind. A few new potatoes last week. Tasty. Tomatoes are setting ok. Can't wait. Beans are blooming.
Quail chicks are doing well. They are just learning to fly a little. Cute to watch.
They eat like there is no tomorrow.
About half of the floor is down in the cabin. Slow process there. Have more lumber now. Another old house is falling in. I only wish people would have done something with some of these old houses years ago. With all the homeless in this country, it seems something could have been done to use these places.
The pictures I took sunset last nite after a warm and humid day. I always like being at the right place at the right time.

I am ending with this from John Paul Jones "Sign on, young man, and sail with me. The stature of our homeland is no more than the measure of ourselves. Our job is to keep her free. Our will is to keep the torch of freedom burning for all. To this solemn purpose we call on the young, the brave, the strong, and the free. Heed my call, Come to the sea. Come Sail with me." -- John Paul Jones
Til Later--johnnyb

No comments:

Post a Comment