Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dreams


Dreams. We have all had them throughout our lives. As we get older and look at the dreams we had and think--what if? What if we had taken the other fork in the road. Maybe we went left, not because we wanted to, but because it's what someone else wanted for us or what was expected of us, or maybe conditions did not allow us to take the other fork. As I look at those forks that I have come to in my life, would I do it any different were I to do it again? Some probably not, others I don't know. If I would have taken different forks, I wouldn't have met the people that have greatly influenced my life. Had I not taken the fork to be an EMT, I would not have been able to experience the wonders of life and death, and the extreme feelings of helping someone who is sick or injured. My years with the juvenile services woke me to the problems of the younger generation. I would hope that these are forks that I would always take.
Another fork and I would not have had the wonderful children that I have. Sure there would have been children, but they would not be Jason or Kym. Nor would I have had the joy of my step children. And then at another fork I would have missed knowing the one one person who has probably been most influence on my life, my wonderful wife Carol. There has been other influences,but none as positive as she has been.
And then there are the friends that I have met. Had I taken another fork, there would not be the friends I have now. Friends that I treasure greatly.
I am sure we all have been there and done that. I am not saying anything new. We have all had our dreams. Some we followed. Some we wished we hadn't.
Now what does any of this have to do with the pictures. They are dreams. Somebody's dreams. The first pic is Traer, Ks 100+ years ago. The house in the second pic is in the middle of the first pic. Somebody's dream. The town, the house, they were all dreams. Dreams shattered by life in itself. I am sure the house has many happy memories. I do not know who built it, but I hope they were able follow whatever their dream was. It is sad to see it sitting in almost total ruin, but if nobody had a dream for it in later years, that can't be helped.
Follow your dreams and make the most of them.--

No comments:

Post a Comment