Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Eve

I hope everyone is having a good Labor Day Weekend.  It doesn't seem like it should be working on the end of summer already.  Some of the garden crops are starting to wear out.  It has been a decent year for some of the garden and mediocre for other parts.  I will start pulling some of the plants and get the beds ready for next spring.  It is just as easy to do it now as then.  Most of the beds I will lay cardboard down and maybe straw on top of that.  The cardboard will stat breaking down by spring.  Our soil leaves a little to be desired, and this seems to help amend the soil.

We had a nice visit with some new friends  this afternoon.  We  share a lot of the same interests and thoughts in our ways of life.  We really appreciate being able to share things with others who appreciate it.  We are in the process of thinning out our strawberry beds, so they took some of them home, along with raspberry plants.  Things were starting to get a little unruly in that part of the garden. We appreciate being able to share with people who care and are concerned.  Thanks Jeannie and Roger.  You are good people and I think we are all on the right track.  Thank you, friends.

The greenhouse is coming is coming along.  I hope to have it mostly done this week.  Mostly just finish work.  I am looking forward to experimenting  with greenhouse plants this winter.

As I look back at the summer, it has been a fairly good one.  My wife may not completely with that, as she has suffered from the shingles for the summer.  She is doing better,  A lot of the pain is gone, but still itches most of the time.  To me, just waking up in the morning is important.  Gets the day off to a lot better start!!  But on the serious side,  being able to enjoy the beauty of God's Creation is one of the greatest things that we can do.  The other morning I was walking around the our small place before sun-up.  It was so peaceful.  There had been a small shower during the night so everything was nice and crisp.  It was so quiet you could hear noises from a long way off,  The birds were doing their morning rituals.  I was thinking of the billions of people in the world will never be able to experience what I was just then experiencing.  The peace of the hour was beyond description.  Then I thought about the people who try to destroy this. In my opinion, if a fourth of the people of the world could feel what I was feeling at that moment, things could possibly be different.

I've rambled on enough. It is getting late.  Once again, thanks guys.  God Bless--johnnyb

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your wife's shingles, and glad to hear that she is on the mend.

    I agree "It doesn't seem like it should be working on the end of summer already" - I feel the same about winter drawing to a close - it's been too dry, and, quite honestly, not wet enough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - that should've read "... not cold enough".

      Delete
    2. Our summer has been milder and we have had more rain than usual. For us to get much rain in August is unheard of. Some areas close by had 6+ inches in the past month.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear of the wife's shingles. About 7 years ago, I had some on my torso, the doctors saying "no it's something else, you're way too young to get shingles". But it was (high stress dealing with a parent with Altzheimers at the time and a new job and move). I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE, so very painful. I will keep her and your family in my prayers as she heals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dịch vụ Kiem tra ten mien miễn phí. Check domain kiểm tra thông tin tên miền nhanh chóng, chính xác
    Cho phép Tao web mien phi trên nền tảng webtin. Tạo web miễn phí và thiết kế web bán hàng chuyên nghiệp
    BLOG Me Dragon | Thủ thuật SEO - Marketing Online chia sẻ những thủ thuật hay, kiến thức SEO bổ ích giúp bạn học seo và marketing online dễ dàng
    Đăng ký nhận Ten mien mien phi từ inet
    Cung cấp Kien thuc seo từ cơ bản đến nâng cao
    Cập nhật Tin bóng đá nhanh nhất, chính xác nhất. Thông tin các trận cầu bóng đá sắp diễn ra, dự đoán kết quả, tin chuyển nhượng bóng đá
    Thông tin Du Lịch . Thông tin giá cả cá tour du lịch, văn hóa, phong tục tập quán của các địa điểm du lịch
    Chia sẻ Món ngon mỗi ngày cung cấp công thức nấu các món ăn ngon cho các bà nội trợ
    Chia sẻ Mẹo vặt hay trong cuộc sống. Mẹo nấu ăn, mẹo vặt khác

    ReplyDelete