Monday, January 21, 2013

Day #1 of the rest of my life

 I always try to start each day with a prayer and the thought that "Today is the first day of the rest of my life".  I would hope that any mistakes I made yesterday,  I would have learned something from, and will not make them again.  You would think that after 66+ years, I would have made all the major ones, but stupidity prevails now and then, and I fall off the common sense wagon.  I guess if it wasn't for mistakes we would never learn anything.   The first boss I had when I got out of the Navy told me that there was a reason pencils had erasers.  Just don't get in the habit of using it.  And that is very true.

Called the tire shop and ordered a set of tires for the Jeep.  Had a blow-out on the way to sling beer Saturday night.  Then the jack cratered before I could get the spare on.  I had to call a friend who brought out a floor jack to get it off the ground.  Just really made my day!  The tires were needing replaced.  Kind of beyond the need actually.  It is just the point that I would have rather picked when to get the new ones.  Just a small detail like having money set aside for it.  Oh well,  TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE. Deal with it!!  Anyway they didn't have 4 of the ones I needed, so they are ordered, and will be in tomorrow.  The Jeep is a 1996 Gran Cherokee.  It has been a good vehicle for us.  Almost 200,000 miles on it.  Just the usual problems and up keep that go along with a full-time 4WD vehicle.  We try to keep it on good condition.  It is paid for and we really don't want to be saddled with a car payment!

I hope everyone has a good week.  I plan on it.  Nothing will ruin my week.  I have decided and proclaimed this as a good week!!  Regardless of how each day goes, I plan on making the best of it!
God bless all--johnnyb


6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I climbed into my truck a few weeks ago, turned the key and all I received in reply was, click. The battery was less than two years old. But, beats vehicle payments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of our thoughts also. It gets us anywhere we want to go.

      Delete
  2. I hear ya! I have a 98 Blazer, and while she has some minor issues, she is a great vehicle. Got us all the way to NC without a single problem. She is hitting a milestone of 212,000 ....probably this week :) Can't beat that, since I only paid $1500 for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I don't consider them old. Just well loved for many years!

      Delete
  3. Nothing like a good ol' PAID FOR vehicle that runs good! Like you say, it sure beats payments for a new one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't in to car payments unless it is an extreme emergency!

      Delete