Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hump Day Morning

Nothing much going on yet here in the "middle of somewhere."  But then it is only 8AM.  Not much happens before 8AM.  Then as I think about it a little, not much goes on after 8AM!  Really though, this is a pretty exciting part of the world.  Just last night I sat and watched a toad eat bugs under the dusk-to dawn light.  I was watching grass grow the other day, then remembered I hadn't watered that area yet.  Wasted quite a bit of the day on that one.  I need to be more vigilant on these things.  Life is to short to waste on something like forgetting to water a part of the lawn.  I haven't checked my social calendar for the rest of the week, so I am not sure what is in store.  I do know that watching the crack in the dry ground out back get wider was on the list for sometime.  Oh yes,  setting the timer on the TV with your eyes closed and then try to guess how long it will stay on.  You have to watch it for this time also.  Rules are you can't fall asleep or go to the fridge for a cold one.  This one is a "biggie" for those rainy days.  Wait a minute, we haven't had any rainy days for almost a year!  That's why I haven't done this for a long time.  See there, I just kind of fade out every now and then and become a space cadet.  Oh well, such is the life.  Don' get much better than this,!!

Getting back to reality,  this is a pretty good place to live.  Wouldn't trade it for anything.  One daughter was here for a couple of days to help Carol celebrate her 39th birthday again.  Another came on Monday for Pizza.  It was nice to have them.  All quiet again.    We are going to release quail today.  That is always an event in itself.  Going to miss the little guys, but it is time for them to go.  Weather is turning hot again, but the nights cool down.  Almost a feel of fall in the air.

God Bless--johnnyb

No comments:

Post a Comment