Thursday, September 29, 2011

Colors

It is starting to look as if God has his paint brush out and is adorning the countryside with fall colors. Such beauty this time of year. I have said this before,but am going to repeat it again. I love this time of year. To me the colors are like a reward for all that we go through in the summer with all the heat, dry weather, etc. The green of spring is nice, but not the same as all the colors of fall. Not looking forward to the winter cold, but not much I can do about that. There has been light frost in low lying areas in the last couple of weeks. Days are in the 70,s and 80,s. Yesterday was middle 90's, but supposed to cool today.
We will go into town and finish a paint job we have been helping a friend with. Be glad to get that done. Then it is back to work on the sleeping cabin, and also getting the garden ready for next spring. Still getting a few tomatoes. Everything else is pretty well done. Muskmelon set on to late so will probably not make it.
Hope this finds everyone well and good. MDR-hope you get to feeling better.
Quote for the day--"If you only do what you know you can do, you never do very much."--Tom Krause
God bless all God Bless this great country of ours---johnnyb

3 comments:

  1. Our 'fall' colors don't arrive until late December. Guess I'll just need to settle for pictures. Like you this is my time of year, all else pales in comparison. Hope you nice folks have a good day. I told MDR to grab himself a bottle of Wild Turkey to cure what ales him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had more fall colors, I do like them. I also like it when the summer heat is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen and Duke--Will post pics when color is better. Not as colorful as farther north,Thanks for stopping by. or west.

    ReplyDelete