Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day off!

Today was my day off, so what did I do but schedule a dental appointment! Haven't been for a number of years so it was time. I haven't had good teeth for most of my life,but should not have put off going. My teeth (all 7 of them) had finally just withered away. I have had a top denture for 2o years and that has helped with the wear. After a long consultation of my options, and settling on the one that was suggested by the dentist, he proceeded to pull 5 of the remaining, leaving 2 to anchor a plate to. So I spent the rest of the day feeling like I have been run over by a Mac truck. Pain is under control for the time, and hope it remains for the remainder of the night. Called my boss and took tomorrow off also, in case I am still miserable. I am glad that I went and got started on something that has been inevitable for a long time but was just putting it off. I will feel better for it.

My diet will definitely change for the next few months. Not much steak in the forecast! Been needing to cut back anyway, so is a good time to start. Always some good in everything!

1 comment:

  1. Prayin for ya, John. I'm in the same boat with bad teeth.

    ReplyDelete