Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday morning

Another week has passed and another started.  It seemed as if the week flew by.  There was a lot going on I guess to make it seem that.  Election day, and I hope that went as to everyone's liking.  It  went well here for us on our state.  I am glad it is over.  TV ads, flyers in the mail.  Seems like there is a lot of money spent that could have been put to use elsewhere.  Oh well, I am not a politician, never was one nor will I ever want to be one.  Enough on this subject.

This week will be a test for the little greenhouse.  Temperatures are forecast to be down in the lower teens.  Highs in the 30's.  I redid the solar heater this week.  I replaced the aluminum cans with a metallic dryer hose.  Seems to be working ok.   High temps have been in the 70's, so 30's will be the test for daytime.  Night will be the real test.  I have a couple of different heat methods to use, so we will see.  I planted lettuce, basil, and cucumbers a week ago.  The are up and growing under a heat lamp.  The tomato starts are doing good.


This one I rooted in water.  It is doing ok since potting.  I have a couple of others that were cuttings that I went directly to potting soil.  They are doing ok also.

A friend gave us an old wringer washer yesterday that is in pretty good condition.  We have been looking for one.  this one just kind of fell into our hands.  Right place at the right time.

Time to go.  We have some last minute things to do for the upcoming cold spell.  Could be a long time until spring.

God Bless--johnnyb

8 comments:

  1. What kind of solar heater setup do you have for your greenhouse? I have been interested in getting something set up for our greenhouse but it has been on the back-burner, and I don't know of anyone around here who actually heats their greenhouse using solar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what I started with-- http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Build-a-Soda-Can-Heater/
      It works good. I will get pics of mine and post them.--johnnyb

      Delete
  2. I've never tried propogating tomtoes. Intetesting... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either. Just one of those things I decided to experiment with. Will know in a few months if it was a success--johnnyb

      Delete
  3. I've never tried propogating tomtoes. Intetesting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. John,

    I hope your greenhouse stands this storm rolling through this week.
    Temperatures are to get real cold for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It is supposed to come through tomorrow, so I will know in short order. Could even get a skiff of snow Monday night. 40 MPH winds

      Delete
  5. Thank for your very good article! i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete